By Jenna Marinucci
Homework Club Staff, STARS Staff
- What is your long-term career goal?
I am almost finished my undergraduate degree at the University of Toronto and I will graduate this June with a double major in English and History. Since I was a kid, I always dreamed of becoming a teacher. I plan on pursuing my Masters in Education at the University of Toronto this fall.
2. What programs do you run/help run?
Apart from running the Homework Club at St. Albans, I also do the walking shuttle from Hillcrest and assist the STARS staff when needed.
3. How long have you worked for St. Alban’s?
4. Why did you want to work for St. Alban’s?
I wanted to be a part of not only a community, but also a family! Working at St. Albans has taught me so much about what it means to work within a positive, inclusive, and caring environment.
5. What are your favourite activities to do with the children?
I love doing creative writing activities with the children. Their imaginations are out of this world!
6. What is your favourite part about the job?
My favourite part of this job is seeing the children smiling and motivated to do their homework. It definitely makes my day to see them so excited to learn.