The campers made balloon rockets today – and you can too!
You will need:
- 1 balloon (round ones will work, but the longer ones work best)
- 1 long piece of kite string (about 10-15 feet long)
- 1 plastic straw
- Tie one end of the string to a chair, door knob, or other support.
- Put the other end of the string through the straw.
- Pull the string tight and tie it to another support in the room.
- Blow up the balloon (but don’t tie it.) Pinch the end of the balloon and tape the balloon to the straw as shown above. You’re ready for launch.
- Let go and watch the rocket fly!
For full instructions and to learn the science behind balloon rockets, visit the Science Bob website.