We may be closed over the holidays, but we’re not leaving you totally stranded! Our staff have put together some ideas to help keep those kiddos busy over the next two (hopefully!) weeks.
Watch our staff! Youtube Playlists:
(The Preschool staff made these videos during the lock down to help families keep children entertained at home!)
Fun winter activities!
Go sledding or hiking
Make chores cheerful – throw a housecleaning party – with music and snacks!
Make blanket forts
Try a new recipe: Easy (healthy) Sugar Cookies
Make an Edible Ice bird feeder
- Fill a bundt pan with bird seed and then add water.
- Sit the pan outside in the cold and let it freeze.
- Once it’s frozen, hang a ribbon through the hole and hang it on the porch.
Outdoor scavenger hunt (click to enlarge and download)
Alphabet A – Z Challenge
The great part about this challenge is it can be played anywhere! Try calling friends and family members on Zoom or FaceTime to play as a group.
The goal of this challenge is to be the first person to produce 26 items, one item representing each letter of the alphabet. You can also make it a team effort and have multiple people work together to get it done!
For example, in the house, you may find an Apple, Basket, Cotton ball, Dice, Envelope, Football…
A fun easy distraction for kids to keep them busy and using their imagination
- Draw 30 circles on a piece of paper
- They can be different sizes if you want to create more of a challenge
- Use each circle as the starting point of an object or image
- 1.5 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 2 tbs of cream of tartar
- 1 tbs of oil
- Food colouring
- 1 cup of boiling water
- Mix all ingredients except the boiling water together into a large mixing bowl
- Slowly mix in the boiling water.
- Pancake Mix
- Or your own homemade pancake recipe!
- 1 tub of Yogurt
- 1 banana
- Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries
- Have each kid design their own pancake pizza with Yogurt as “sauce”, and fruit as “toppings”
- Encourage creativity (i.e. bananas are “pepperoni”; make smiley faces, etc.)