Although we don’t yet have all the details, we are hoping to run our after school programs at our main clubhouse and our satellite locations this fall, while following all current COVID-19 safety precautions.
While we are waiting for guidelines and details from TDSB, and government and health officials, we would like to share the information we do know at this time.
- The school principals have confirmed that we are allowed to run our authorized recreation program in the schools.
- We need to wait for more guidance from TDSB regarding protocols around shared spaces in the school and if we can mix the school day cohorts. Unfortunately, we don’t know when we will receive this information.
- We expect to accommodate 10-12 kids per group/classroom. We hope to be able access all the rooms we have requested.
- Our permits are being processed, but are still pending. We cannot go forward until our permits have been approved. We do not know at this time when we will hear back about our permits.
- We will likely be able to accommodate all children currently pre-registered, and may be able to accommodate others who have not registered.
- To prevent mixing of cohorts, families will be required to pay for full time (Monday-Friday) attendance, even if your child is only coming part time.
- We will reassess in early November and depending on the situation (outbreaks, school guidelines on mixing of cohorts, Public Health instruction), we may allow families to only pay for the days they need starting in November or December.
The STARS Program is for children in JK- Grade 6 at McMurrich Public School, Regal Road Junior Public School, Kensington Community School, and Rawlinson Community School. It provides a wide variety of enjoyable activities during the after school hours. The program includes drama, arts & crafts, and indoor/outdoor games and activities.
We hire well-trained and experienced childcare workers into our children’s program. Our staff bring an outstanding experience and knowledge base with them. Our staff have qualifications in HIGH FIVE, First Aid/CPR, and CATCH Training. Our counselors are fun, energetic and have a strong commitment to quality children’s programming.
Research by the Search Institute has identified 40 “Developmental Assets”, which have a tremendous influence on young people’s lives. Mastering these assets helps children and youth make wise decisions, choose positive paths, and develop into competent, caring, and responsible adults. We follow a weekly schedule based on Asset Building themes.
C.A.T.C.H. Kids is a recreation program designed to promote behaviours that assist in developing and maintaining health in school-age children. The primary goal is to promote healthy physical activity behaviours.
HIGH FIVE Quality At Play
St. Alban’s Boys and Girls Club is a proud partner in Parks and Recreation Ontario’s HIGH FIVE® program. This program provides agencies with tools for measuring the success of their recreation programs for children in the area of healthy childhood development. When children participate in recreational play, they develop physically, emotionally, socially and cognitively. What they learn at play provides a strong foundation that will help prepare them for future life experiences. Through our programs we strive to provide activities and environments where children feel safe, welcome, competent, connected, empowered and special.
McMurrich: Dismissal (3:10pm)-6:00pm
Regal Road: Dismissal (3:30pm)-6:00pm
Kensington: Dismissal (3:20pm)-6:00pm (Due to COVID-19 precautions, we are no longer able to accommodate students from Lord Lansdowne and Da Vinci community schools.)
Rawlinson: Dismissal (3:20pm)- 6:00pm
If your child is going to be absent please call or email so we can inform the counselors.
Pick Up Meeting Spot
Staff pick the children up at dismissal time.
McMurrich: Lunch room in the basement
Regal Road: Front hallway (foyer) OR lunch room in the basement
Lord Lansdowne and Da Vinci: Outside dismissal doors.
Rawlinson: Hallway in front of Rooms 122 & 123
What To Bring
Snack, weather appropriate clothing for outdoor play, drink or water bottle.
PA Days and Holidays
The program does not run on PA Days and school holidays. We typically offer a full day (8am-6pm) program at our main Clubhouse (843 Palmerston Ave) for TDSB PA Days and holidays, however we don’t yet know if that will be possible this school year.
Fees and Payment
McMurrich, Regal Road, and Rawlinson: $20/day
Kensington Community School: $14/day
Late fees: $1/minute
You will be charged one dollar for every minute that you are late to pick-up your child. This charge will be added to your invoice.
Upon registration we require a void cheque or bank information which is used for Electronic Fund Transfers (EFT) to withdraw payments. Payment will be withdrawn on the 30th of each month. If you choose not to pay with EFT a 10% administration fee will be added to your bill.
The invoice will be calculated according to the days your child is registered for, not the days they attend. If you wish to make changes to the days in which your child attends mid-way through a month, the new fee will not be administered until the next month.
Tax Receipts for the previous year will be given out in February.
Registration for the 2020/2021 School year
Online registration only.