At St. Alban’s Boys and Girls Club, passionate, well trained staff and volunteers lead a diverse range of programs and services for children, youth and families. We are currently looking for committed, reliable, and enthusiastic volunteers to lead our Homework Clubs for children in grades 1-6.
- Assist in leading a homework club for children from grades 1-6 from 4:00pm-5:00pm.
- Assist children and youth with daily assignments, projects and ongoing academic challenges
- Facilitate a safe, quiet space where everyone can concentrate on their individual assignments
- Help children and youth to learn appropriate problem solving techniques to build independence and confidence
- Encourage and coach children and youth to achieve their goals
- Communicate with program managers about any issues or challenges that come up in the program
- Work in a team with program volunteers, staff, managers and parents
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working with children in grades 1-6 in a tutoring or academic environment
- Post secondary education (completed or current)
- Comfort in tutoring participants in full range of subject areas, including math, science, language arts, history, geography, etc.
- Ability to work as a team with the Program Coordinator and other volunteers to facilitate learning, growth and opportunity for participants
- Boys and Girls Club experience, HIGH FIVE training and First Aid are assets but not requirements.
Location: Main Clubhouse (843 Palmerston Avenue)
Day/Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (each volunteer would come in once or twice per week)
For more information or to apply, contact Ikram Kabadeh email@example.com 416-534-8561 ext 267