We’re looking for enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated volunteers for our after school programs for children. Your role as a Youth Volunteer will be to support the staff in providing a safe and supportive environment for children in grades 1-6. Program components include homework help, recreation, sports, health and nutrition, and arts and crafts. Youth Volunteers will receive training that will help them build their skills as leaders in recreation programs for children as well as on the job experience that will help build a path to future employment.
This opportunity is specifically aimed at students who are interested in working in the field of children’s recreation and education programs in the future.
Spaces are limited: we will be accepting a limited number of youth each session.
- Must be in grades 7-12.
- Some experience or interest in working or volunteering in programs for children is an asset
- C.E. Webster – 1900 Keele Street
- Fairbank P.S. – 2335 Dufferin Street
- Attend mandatory orientation and training sessions
- Meet with staff mentor on a regular basis to set goals, discuss progress and complete evaluation
- Complete specific goals during program duration
- Maintain professional relationships with peers, members, staff, and parents
- Volunteer two or three times weekly from 4:00-6:00pm on a scheduled basis.
- Youth Volunteers will contribute at least 40 hours of volunteer service
- Upon successful completion of the program, youth volunteers will
- Receive a reference letter
- Be guaranteed an interview for any appropriate position in the children’s department at the Boys and Girls Clubs of Weston-Mount Dennis or the Boys and Girls Clubs of Lawrence Heights
- Depending on availability and discretion of the staff, be able to volunteer in children’s programs at the Club on an ongoing basis
For more information: