St. Alban’s Boys and Girls Club is looking for enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated volunteers for our after school and summer camp programs for children. Your role as a Youth Volunteer will be to support the staff in providing a safe and supportive environment for children 4-12 years of age. Program components include education, recreation, social
activities, sports, health and nutrition, mentoring, field trips and the arts. Youth Volunteers will receive training that will help them build their skills as leaders in recreation programs for children, as well as on the job experience that will help build a path to future employment.
This opportunity is specifically aimed at students who are interested in working in the field of children’s recreation and education programs in the future.
Spaces are limited: we will be accepting a limited number of youth into the program for each session
- Must be at least 15 years old
- Must be a high school student – or in first year of post-secondary
- Some experience or interest in working or volunteering in programs for children is an asset
- Most volunteers will be placed at our Main Clubhouse (843 Palmerston Avenue)
- Attend mandatory orientation and training sessions
- Meet with staff mentor on a regular basis to set goals, discuss progress and complete evaluation
- Complete specific goals during program duration
- Maintain professional relationships with peers, members, staff, and parents
- Swimming is a required part of this program, and volunteers are expected to enthusiastically participate in aquatic program with the children.
- Youth Volunteers will contribute at least 40 hours of volunteer service
- Upon successful completion of the program, youth volunteers will
- Receive a reference letter from the Volunteer Manager
- Be guaranteed an interview for any appropriate position in the children’s department at St. Alban’s Boys and Girls Club applied for
- Depending on availability and discretion of Volunteer Manager, be able to volunteer in children’s programs at St. Alban’s on an ongoing basis
Hours, Dates and Placement Details
The YVP program runs during the school year in three sessions, Fall, Winter and Spring. School year placements will be twice a week, from 4:00-6:00pm for 10 weeks. The program runs during the summer in two sessions. Placements are every weekday, from 9:00am-5:00pm for three weeks.
To Apply or for More Information
To apply to the program or to get more information, please contact Ikram:
Ikram Kabadeh, Children’s Program Coordinator, 416-534-8461 Ext. 267