Please note: Our preschool program has been significantly affected by the current COVID-19 situation. The details below describe our program and prices before the pandemic started. For updated information, please contact us directly.
Our mission is to promote and enrich the growth of the whole child through the provision of a safe, nurturing, stimulating and fun program.
Our philosophy here at St. Alban’s Boys and Girls Club Preschool allows children to take an active part in their learning in all developmental areas. We believe in cultivating learning through play, as it gives children the opportunity to make choices within a safe and supportive learning environment. We strive to work together with parents and our community, as a team, to enrich and promote growth through age appropriate planned programming; and designing a curriculum around children’s observations and interests, through activities which support learning in the social/emotional, cognitive/fine motor, language/early reading readiness, creative, sensory and gross motor areas.
St. Alban’s Boys and Girls Club Preschool is licensed by the Ministry of Education and is assessed by the City of Toronto’s Quality Assessment. To see our rating, go to www.toronto.ca/children.
- Full time Toddler Program (ages 18 months to 2.5 years)
- Full time Junior Preschool Program (ages 2.5 – 3 years)
- Part time Nursery Program 9:00-11:30 am (ages 2.5 – 3 years)
- Before/After school program for junior kindergarten children (3.8-5 years)
- Flexible schedules (speak with the supervisor about designing your own schedule)
- Qualified, professional, trained staff
- Fun, creative and stimulating early learning programming and cognitive circles
- On-site instructional-recreational swimming
- Enriched and enhanced additional programming
- Creative Movement
- Swimming Lessons
- Indoor and outdoor (gross motor) activities
- Weekly programs and rooms divided into interest/learning centres
- A quiet nap time each day, from 12—2pm, for children who attend for the full day
We accept families whose childcare fees are subsidized by the City of Toronto. Families receiving city fee assistance must comply with their agreements and eligibility requirements.
(includes snacks and lunch)
|Toddler Age |
18 months to 2.5 years
$55/day (1-4 days/week)
2.5 to 3.8 years
$48/day (1-4 days/week)
|Nursery Program (Sept-June)
|2.5 to 3.8 years||$27/day (includes one snack)|
|Junior Kindergarten Extended Care Program
Shuttle to/from Palmerston Jr. P.S.
|Extended Care Program (7:30-8:45am & 3:00-6:00pm)||$40/day (1-5 days/week)|
|Before Care (7:30-8:45am)||$10/day (1-5 days/week)
|After Care (3:00-6:00pm)||$30/day (1-5 days/week)
(includes one snack)
|PA Days/School break (7:30am-6:00pm)||$63/day (includes three snacks and a hot lunch)
Wait List Information
Toddler room: approximately two years
Junior room: approximately two years
For More Information
Karen Grant, Preschool Manager
416-534-8461, ext 233
Our preschool program receives support for children with special needs:
Loris Bennett, Resource Consultant
Community Living Toronto